Crisis Intervention is NOT psychotherapy; rather, it is a specialized acute emergency mental health intervention which requires specialized training. Crisis intervention is sometimes called “emotional first aid”. This program is designed for teaching participants the fundamentals of, and a specific protocol for, individual crisis intervention.
- Psychological crisis and psychological crisis intervention
- Resistance, resiliency, recovery continuum
- Critical incident stress management
- Evidence-based practice
- Basic crisis communication techniques
- Common psychological and behavioral crisis reactions
- Putative and empirically-derived mechanisms
- SAFER-Revised model
- Suicide intervention
- Risks of iatrogenic “harm”
- This course is designed for anyone who desires to increase their knowledge of individual (one-on-one) crisis intervention techniques in the fields of Business & Industry, Crisis Intervention, Disaster Response, Education, Emergency Services, Employee Assistance, Healthcare, Homeland Security, Mental Health, Military, Spiritual Care, and Traumatic Stress. Those working extensively with traumatized victims from various walks of life will benefit from the training.
Continuing Education Credits:
- Approved for 13 CEs from the Florida Board of Nurses (#50-1299)
- Approved for 13 CEs from the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling (#50-13858)
- Approved for 13 hours for Florida Paramedics and EMTs. Dr. Todd Husty, Medical Director, MECA, Inc.
You will receive all your materials at the class, we do not mail any in advance
We will email you a couple of days before the class with any updates
If you paid by PayPal please print your receipt at time of payment