Group Crisis Intervention Course
This 2-day course is taught by an approved ICISF Trainer
Designed to present the core elements of a comprehensive, systematic and multi-component crisis intervention curriculum, the Group Crisis Intervention course will prepare participants to understand a wide range of crisis intervention services. Fundamentals of Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) will be outlined and participants will leave with the knowledge and tools to provide several group crisis interventions, specifically demobilizations, defusings and the Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD). The need for appropriate follow-up services and referrals when necessary will also be discussed.
This course is designed for anyone in the fields of Business & Industry Crisis Intervention, Disaster Response, Education, Emergency Services, Employee Assistance, Healthcare, Homeland Security, Mental Health, Military, Spiritual Care, and Traumatic Stress.
- Relevant research findings
- Relevant recommendations for practice
- Incident assessment
- Strategic intervention planning
- “Resistance, resilience, recovery” continuum
- Large group crisis interventions
- Small group crisis interventions
- Adverse outcome associated with crisis intervention
- Reducing risks
Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD)Completion of “Group Crisis Intervention” and receipt of a certificate indicating full attendance (14 Contact Hours) qualifies as a class in ICISF’s Certificate of Specialized Training Program
You will receive all your materials at the class, we do not mail any in advance
We will email you a couple of days before the class with any updates
If you paid by PayPal please print your receipt at time of payment
If you have any questions please text or email us at 813-264-0788 or email@example.com
- Regular Registration – $400
- When you register and pay less than 14 days prior to class start date. If you have to submit paperwork to your employer for payment directly to MECA and payment is not received before the cutoff date they will be billed at the Regular Tuition rate of $400 per student.
- Early Registration – $350 ( $50 discount)
- You must register and payment must be received at least 14 days prior to class start date to qualify for the discount. If your agency is paying you must register during the Early Registration time period and PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED prior to cutoff date. If payment is received after cutoff date then agency will be billed for the $50 balance on each registration.
- Financial Assistance:
- PayPal has a “Bill Me Later” option for qualified applicants. The customer will have 6 months no-interest to pay it back.
- EAP, HR, public safety, mental health, chaplains, EMS/Fire, healthcare workers, police officers, dispatchers, airline personnel and disaster workers i.e. Red Cross, Salvation Army and NOVA. Those working extensively with traumatized victims from various walks of life will benefit from the training.
Continuing Education Credits:
- Approved for 14 CEs from the Florida Board of Nurses (#50-1299) & Approved for 14 CEs from the Florida board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and family therapy and Mental Health Counseling (#50-13858)