- Strategic planning as it applies to crisis intervention
- National Incident Management System and crisis intervention
- Elements of Effective Planning
Strategic Response to Crisis Overview
This course builds confidence that crisis interventionists will make the right choices of interventions for the populations they are assisting under specific circumstances. This course requires previous training and experience.
Group and Peer Crisis intervention
Topics included in this course
- Steps in Developing the Plan
- Planning process in assessing target populations
- Determining the type, timing and resources necessary
- Assisting large numbers of people involved in a crisis
- The most important crisis intervention tactics
- Managing a complicated or large scale crisis event
Completion of “Strategic Response to Crisis” and receipt of a certificate indicating full attendance (14 Continuing Education Hours) qualifies as one of ICISF’s Core Courses towards a Certificate of Specialized Training Program.
EAP, HR, public safety, mental health, chaplains, EMS/Fire, Healthcare workers, police officers, dispatchers, airline personnel and disaster workers who are already trained in the critical incident stress debriefing format. Those working extensively with traumatized victims from various walks of life will benefit from the training too.
Approved for 14 CEs from the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling (BAP1132) Also, 14 CEs Florida Nurses (NCE 3470)